This course is designed to assist students in understanding how successful marketing managers must lead international firms in a world of increased global competition Included is an overview of globalization, differences in culture, ethics, and the development of marketing strategies across national borders. Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
• Understand the basic principles of marketing and its relation to economy, culture and psychology.
• Understand the vital role of marketing in a global organization and the relationships between marketing and the other functional areas of an organization.
• Consider the various decision areas of marketing and the methods used by marketing managers to make decisions.
The topics to be discussed include the following:
• Orientation and Consumer Behavior;
• Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning;
• Products and Services Pricing
• International Marketing;
• Integrated Marketing Communication;
• Happiness and Success;
• The Integrated Marketing Mix
Class lectures, team assignments’ discussion and team work session
In-class exam 1 and 2 (20%); Assignment 1 and 2 (20% each); Teamwork 1 and 2 (20% each).
If the course is taught in blended-learning format or on-line, changes can be made to what is stated in the syllabus to make the course and exams coherent to these likely formats.
The course is held in English as part of the internationalization project Summer Business Program a.a. 2022-23 (only for LT students in "Economics" and "Business Administration" and for foreign / Erasmus students). Participation in the course is limited and related to the selection for the Summer Business Program (for details, see the website: https://www.unibg.it/node/388)