This course aims at developing students’ ability to understand:
- the strategic role of digital marketing in the tourism industry
- the interpretation and implementation of distribution and digital marketing plan in tourism industry
- the web 2.0 customers and tourists
- the analysis of practical situations and preparing and presenting recommendations for a better digital strategy
The course will develop decision making and problem solving skills related to economic managerial and issues of tourism business
This course focuses on the digital marketing plans and communication activities, organizations in the tourism industry (hospitality, transportation, entertainment companies and destination brand organizations) have to develop to satisfy the new generation tourists’ needs and requirements.
The course will cover the impact of digital technologies on the tourism industry and its businesses, considering also the changes in tourists’ needs and ways to consume the tourism experiences. A digital marketing plan will provide the main guidelines to develop alternatives digital strategies, according to different touristic businesses, with particular focus on hospitality (hotels, B&B, and apartments). Accordingly, the course will revise the main digital marketing activities hospitality managers have to develop: offerings, channel distribution, pricing and communication. Specific cases on hospitality businesses will help the students to strengthen their theoretical knowledge.
This course is based on individual and group-learning methodology, which requires cooperation among students and individual commitment. One of the aims of this course is to improve students’ cognitive abilities, critical evaluation of the given task and ability to work with others.
- active participation in class case discussions and in general discussions;
- reading papers in advance
- practical assignments (group work)
- final exam (multiple choice test).
- practical assignments (group work) (60 %)
- final exam (multiple-choice test) (40 %)
- final exam (multiple-choice test) (100 %)
In case of remote or mixed teaching, the course and the related exams will change accordingly.