The module is a highly intensive-highly engaged module that will push you, day by day, through the pattern of transforming an idea into a new venture. The module will enable you to generate business ideas, explain entrepreneurial behaviour and action, and distinguish between different forms of innovation.
Throughout the module, you will be given the opportunity to frame and reframe your initial idea to make it marketable. By the end of the course, you will be able to pitch your idea as an entrepreneurial opportunity, describe and discuss your business model, and write a business plan.
To join this course you do not need an idea, a pre-existing team, or certainty to succeed. We expect from you commitment of time and energy for your entrepreneurial project and an open mind.
The key learning objectives of this module are (what we want you to learn by the end of it):
• Develop an awareness of entrepreneurship as a process where failure is learning
• Develop an enthusiasm for entrepreneurial activity
• Develop problem – solving skills
• Demonstrate your selling skills, how you mobilize people and resources
• Identify paths of value creation
• Identify individual and team’s strengths and weaknesses
• Define objectives, goals, and allocate work
• Experience benefits and challenges of team work
To achieve these aims, our sessions will focus on:
1. Idea generation and opportunity recognition (theory and practice)
2. Customers identification and acquisition
3. Business modelling
4. Market research for a new venture
5. Finance and financing for a new company
6. Entrepreneurial growth
7. Business pitching and business planning
Standard lectures, workshops, seminars
if the module is to be delivered online, the module and assessment strategy will be modified accordingly