Fundamentals of micro and macroeconomics.
The course will enable students to acquire an understanding of the basic economic theories relevant for analysing and mastering problems of tourism growth and development.
1. Demand and Supply determinants and elasticity in the touristic sector
2. Industrial organization in the touristic sector
3. Productivity in the touristic sector
4. The economic impact of tourism
5. Basics of Network analysis and the market of air transportation
6. Two sided markets and platforms: theory and application on tourism
7. Pricing and taxation in tourism- Market and tourist product
8. Elements of tourism statistics
9. Tourism destination
10. Tourist demand: effect of determinants
11. World tourism market and the role of Italy
12. Economic Impact of tourism
13. Tourist Organization
Teaching will take the form of lectures, making use of the latest
technologies and principal online data sets available, and will be highly
interactive. Students will be encouraged during the lessons to contribute
proposals for further investigation and discussion.
Students can choose between a standard exam or participating in a group project.
The exam will be through a final written exam followed by a verbal
discussion of the written content.
Mode and content of the test and of the project will be the same for students attending and
The written test will consist of three/four questions basically "open"; while the project will be an analysis of the course contents in a real tourism application.
Evaluation will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- relevance to the question;
- comprehensiveness in relation to the question;
- clarity of presentation;
- conciseness (without redundancy or repetition).