Mabel Giraldo is PhD and Researcher at the Department of Human and Social Sciences, University of Bergamo (Italy). From 2012 to present, she has worked as Teaching and Research Assistant in Didactics and Special Education by the same University for Bachelor Degree in Education Sciences and Master Degree in Pedagogical Sciences. Her main research interests concern:
- theatre and its use within educational contexts, including youth and children with disabilities;
- the historical, cultural, social and pedagogical debate on disability (at school and in the society) at Italian and international level;
- the construct of self-determination and related design and evaluation models to promote and support it for adults and elderly with intellectual disabilities;
- residential settings for adults and elderly with intellectual disabilities;
- disability & aging and successful aging with disability;
- transition from secondary school to adulthood for young adults with disabilities.